BloG Hits

Articles written by: Matthew Santana

All articles are published by Matthew Santana

Search

Monday, October 18, 2010

BET Top 10 Rappers of the 21st Century List (complete trash!)


1. Eminem
2. Lil' Wayne
3. Kanye West
4. 50 Cent
5. T.I.
6. Ludacris
7. Drake
8. Young Jeezy
9. Jadakiss
10. Rick Ross 
 Im sitting at home watching True Blood and my boy text me and tells me to check out bet. I see that there was a debate on the top ten rappers of the decade and i was excited to see who they was going to put. This fucking list was complete crap and i couldn't help but scream and shout. They put Lil Wayne and all these bullshit industry puppets. They were going on fame, record sales, and a bunch of other crap. That shit made me laugh and whoever agrees with what those dudes said yesterday step up and let me know. I mean this was a disgrace to hip hop in every way. They didn't respect the art or the lyricism of hip hop in anyway and i feel like this really shut the door for hip hop to make any type of come back. These dudes put Rick Ross up there with Eminem. "Wtf"? I think if a real list were to be made every one but Eminem would be kicked off no disrespect to Jadakiss. Lets go by god dam substance and lyrical ability. lets go bar for bar as well as flow and topic selection. To be really honest i should have just bit my tongue about this whole thing but i love this shit to much. I really want there to be a pause in hip hop and god to come down and evaluate all the bum ass rappers. Lets burn that shitty ass list and lets start fresh. "Until then hip hop is gone". 



1 comment:

  1. First off money PAUSE for watching True Blood, LOL!

    Next, I agree that this list is somewhat TRASH because Drake has one OK album and he's #7. I think this speaks more to the void and lack of really good up and coming artists in the rap game.

    I disagree that you would call Lil Wayne an industry puppet cuz 1) He's NASTY 2) he made his fame on his own talent and skill.

    I also think BET is TRASH as a staff, cable channel and as a muthaF'in crew. And if you down with BET....(lol let me stop)

    Kanye changed music forever so he belongs there for artistic impact, 50 Cent also made his own name and sold more records than Jesus so he belongs there. Luda and TI also have the credibility.

    Jeezy can't rap and Rick Ross just started learning how to rap like last year, but they move units so can't be ignored. Honestly yo, no BS.....where's Nelly? In '03 he'd have been top 5 on this list. In '07 so would Cam'Ron, even though he came out in the '90s (which would technically eliminate Jadakiss too cuz I think '99 was the cutoff.

    Anyway, you can't put Joell or Canibus or whoever on there cuz they haven't done anything of note other than mixtapes, which ain't enough for a career.

    www.NappyHeadedBros.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts