BloG Hits

Articles written by: Matthew Santana

All articles are published by Matthew Santana

Search

Monday, January 3, 2011

The next great album

 I was sitting down and starring at my large hip hop collection and i was a little angry. I have about 30 classic albums and 15 decent albums. You wont find any pop corny albums in my dresser. When you stare at my shit you going to see The War Report 1, and 2. If you really look you might see a Big L album, and is you really take your time to look through my shit you might see that Capitol Punishment. Those albums are nothing but great and when you have those you know what it is. Its a pride thing when it comes to hip hop, at least for me. You have to have certain albums to be considered a "real hip hop fan". I don't want to come about as cocky but i got all the good shit so I'm the real deal, Hahaha. You look how hip hop is and there really isn't any albums worth the classical mention the last few years. I mean i bought the Slaughterhouse album last in 2009 but it wasn't classic like the War Report or Pun's record. I mean if you really look at the albums on the charts or in best buy, nothing is worth your money or discussion. That latest Root's album was very good but not classic. People what you have to understand is that good and classic are two different things. Good is a 15 song album with 7 being worth a listen and some good beats. Classic is the whole album from start to finish amazingly fire. When you come home from work that's the first thing you listen to. When you at a funeral and you play the album on the loud speaker so the dead can hear it. I want concept, beats, lyrics, and substance. I don't want to go out to best buy and pay 10 bucks for an album that only has 5 good songs. Those days are soon to be over if these fucking rappers can start rapping again. Lets get it together hip hop. "Until then hip hop is gone".

Popular Posts

Blog Archive