BloG Hits

Articles written by: Matthew Santana

All articles are published by Matthew Santana

Search

Friday, November 12, 2010

MrSplaTtv Q&A with Homeboy Sandman



 Shout out to my boy Carl for setting this interview up!






1. Who is Homeboy Sandman?
 "Homeboy Sandman is a musician, and a stand up dude".

2. What do the people need to know about you?
"How slamming my music is should do the trick".

3. What was your childhood like growing up? Any brother sisters?
"My childhood was crazy fun, I used to eat mad white castles and play mad ball. I would walk home from school with my homeboys Pippis and Chris and we would have mad laughs. My younger sister Natalie is 2 years younger than me. She was my best homey then and still is to this day".

4. How old were you when you picked up your first Mic, and where?
"Newtown Park Day Camp, Maybe I was like 9. I did a rendition of LL Cool J's "It Gets No Rougher." Big tune that was".

5. Do you remember your first verse? Was is complete trash?
"Can't remember it. It probably wasn't that good but still better than a lot of famous hip hop. It was called "I'm hype".

6. Did any rapper/group influence you growing up as a teen?
"The Fresh Prince, and Black Thought".

7. What made you chose hip hop as a career?
"It's what I love to do".

8. Are you currently independent or under a major label?
"Describe which ever one your on. Independent. I gotta scrap and claw for everything I get".

9. Do you have any thoughts on the political side of hip hop? Specifically the label woes and the media aspects? 
 "Media highlights nonsense".

10. Why do you chose to stay underground and not become a mainstream artist?
 "I am becoming a mainstream artist,  little by little. It's just taking a little while because I keep it real"..

11. Name a few emcees that can keep up with Homeboy Sandman?
"I Am Many. Tah Phrum Duh Bush, and the Sleepwalkas".

12. Greatest emcee of all time?
"My favorite is Black Thought of The Roots Crew".

13. Thank you Homeboy Sandman, any last words?
 "Peace and love".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts